Tasmania Fire Service is a dynamic place to work and volunteer. There’s always rewarding work to be done when serving the Tasmanian community, including:
- at the frontline as a career firefighter
- volunteering at your local brigade
- providing fire safety advice to the community
- managing bushfire risk through fuel reduction or strategic planning
- coordinating communication and dispatch in FireComm
- providing administrative services.
We value a diverse workforce and welcome people from all backgrounds.
TFS is part of the Tasmanian State Service and vacancies are advertised on the Tasmanian Government Jobs website, in the Tasmanian State Services Notices section of the Tasmanian Government Gazette and, in some cases, local and national newspapers. Employees are selected on merit.
Volunteer members are not employees of the State Service, however, are covered by the State Service Principles.