Fire Fighter Exchange Program
The Tasmania Fire Service (TFS) Firefighter Exchange Program is an opportunity for TFS employees employed under the Tasmanian Fire Fighting Industry Employees Industrial Agreement to attain a higher level of professionalism by temporarily exchanging jobs with another firefighter in Australia or another country.
- Participants will achieve a higher level of understanding and appreciation for other Fire Departments worldwide.
- Participants will improve their practical skills, knowledge and experience by being an active member of another Department.
- Participants will experience temporary mobility and gain interesting life experiences from living in a location away from their home base with a minimum cost.
- The department will achieve improved efficiency and enhanced morale due to the exchange of knowledge and expertise.
- The department will build international networks and encourage growth to our profession.
Tasmanian Fire Service Applicants
- Read all the Exchange Program information.
- you are interested in exchanging to the TFS lodge an expression of interest with the TFS Exchange Coordinator.
- Submit an application.
Overseas or Interstate Enquiries
- Read all the exchange information.
- Before lodging an expression of interest with the TFS you need to make enquiries with your own agency to ensure that an exchange will be supported.
- Without this an exchange will not proceed.
- There needs to be someone with the appropriate authority to oversee the process, usually referred to as the ‘Exchange Coordinator’. Your Human Resources Department is a good place to start or if you know someone who has previously been on exchange find out who managed their program.
- If your Department supports an exchange and you are interested in exchanging to the TFS lodge an expression of interest with the TFS Exchange Coordinator.