The TFS also includes some 60 employees to support and enhance its emergency response role and community fire safety activities. The majority of these employees work within the Corporate Services area.
Corporate Services includes;
- Finance Services - responsible for the preparation and monitoring of budgets, the issuing and collection of outstanding monies, the raising of capital, repayment of debt, the accounting for assets and stores and the issue of purchasing guidelines and contracts.
- Communication Services - maintains a VHF radio network across the State, operates the TFS paging network, monitors fire alarms in approximately 1200 premises across the State while also maintaining and repairing associated equipment within TFS such as telephones and security equipment.
- Information Services - provides the technical support and the infrastructure for the TFS' computer systems. The three major computer systems supported by ISB are the operational system, the payroll and personnel system and the finance system.
- Administrative Services - includes areas such as policy and research, records management and secretarial services. The TFS Library also falls under this area. The library consists of a large collection of fire and emergency services related publications and resources for the use of all staff. These include a wide variety of hard copy and electronic journals as well as archived material such as photographs and media reports.
- Engineering Services - designs and builds TFS operational vehicles and is responsible for the maintenance and management of the TFS fleet of operational vehicles.