Project Wake Up!
Project Wake Up! is a program aimed at improving fire safety in the homes of people with disabilities and the aged through free home fire safety checks and the installation of free smoke alarms when necessary.
How the participants are identified
Participants in this Program are identified by health care organisations throughout Tasmania , such as:
• Community Nursing
• Independent Health Care
• Care Assessment Consultants (Doctors)
How Project Wake Up! Works
• Health Care Organisations submit referral details to the Community Education Unit
• At the beginning of every month Brigades are sent a list of people who require a home fire safety check
• The Brigade contacts each participant on the list to arrange a suitable time to visit
• Firefighters call on the participant and conduct a free home fire safety check and install smoke alarms if necessary