State Fire Commission
Back: Rod Sweetnam, Andrew Newell, Deputy Chief Officer Gavin Freeman, Paul Kingston, Bruce Corbett and Mike Gallagher
Front: Lyndsay Suhr, Chief Officer Mike Brown, Dale Rayner and Hannah Rubenach
The State Fire Commission is the peak governing and policy group for the Tasmania Fire Service.
Some of the functions and powers of the Commission include:
- formulation of policy in the administration and operations of the Fire Service,
- development of effective fire prevention and protection measures throughout the state,
- the provision and standardisation of fire brigade equipment throughout the state,
- the establishment and maintenance training facilities for brigades,
- to advise the Minister on any issues as appropriate.