State Fire Commission
Lyndsay Suhr, Rod Sweetnam, Andrew Newell, Chief Officer Mike Brown, Deputy Chief Officer Gavin Freeman, Dale Rayner,
Paul Kingston, Hannah Rubenach, Bruce Corbett and Scott Wilson-Haffenden
The State Fire Commission is the peak governing and policy group for the Tasmania Fire Service.
Some of the functions and powers of the Commission include:
- formulation of policy in the administration and operations of the Fire Service,
- development of effective fire prevention and protection measures throughout the state,
- the provision and standardisation of fire brigade equipment throughout the state,
- the establishment and maintenance training facilities for brigades,
- to advise the Minister on any issues as appropriate.