State Fire Commission
Back: Rod Sweetnam, Deputy Chief Officer Gavin Freeman, Chief Officer Mike Brown, Andrew Newell, Mike Gallagher and Dale Rayner
Front: Paul Kingston, Bruce Corbett, Lyndsay Suhr and Carmel Torenius
The State Fire Commission is the peak governing and policy group for the Tasmania Fire Service.
Some of the functions and powers of the Commission include:
• formulation of policy in the administration and operations of the Fire Service,
• development of effective fire prevention and protection measures throughout the state,
• the provision and standardisation of fire brigade equipment throughout the state,
• the establishment and maintenance training facilities for brigades,
• to advise the Minister on any issues as appropriate.