Home Fire Safety
Protect What You Value
Call triple zero ‘000’
- Ask for Fire, Police or Ambulance.
- Stay calm, don’t shout, speak slowly and clearly.
- When asked give the: state you live in, street number, street name, suburb, nearest cross street.
In a fire, get out, stay out, call triple zero ‘000’ from a mobile or a neighbour’s phone.
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, the National Relay Service provides 6 ways to contact emergency services.
If you find yourself in an emergency which is either life threatening or where time is critical, you can contact fire services, police or ambulance:
- By TTY – dial 106.
- By internet relay – and ask for triple zero (000).
- By captioned relay – and ask for triple zero (000).
- By SMS relay – text 0423 677 767 and include triple zero (000) as the number you want to call.
- By video relay – login to Skype and contact one of the NRS contact names.
- By ordinary phone – dial 1800 555 727 and ask for triple zero (000).