School Fire Education
Aim of the Program
- The aim of the School Fire Education Program is to promote to all Tasmanian primary school children an awareness of fire safety and what to do if fire breaks out in the home.
Who delivers the Program?
- The program is an initiative of the Tasmania Fire Service (TFS). The TFS works closely with the Education Department to ensure every primary school child in the State participates in the program.
- The program is delivered by specially-trained firefighters who deliver a program specifically designed for school children.
What do the Children Learn?
- Every year approximately 20,000 school children are taught basic fire prevention, fire safety procedures and survival skills.
- At the end of their instruction, all participating children receive a Fire Safety Certificate.
For more information
Manager, Community Education
Tasmania Fire Service
PO Box 1526
HOBART TAS 7001
Phone 1800 000 699
If you require this information in a different language please contact us.